Hi all, alyschu here. Alyschu&Co (I guess we’re stuck with this team name) has moved! I wanted to make a post after I’ve uploaded all the chapters but the front page looks a bit empty so I’ll release this earlier than intended! Here’s a little background rambling sidestory yada yada on what happened here.
I planned on moving to a new custom domain soon because there was the possibility of my team picking up more manga/manhua projects so a typical wordpress theme just wouldn’t cut it. Then I realized that I could make the new website a little hub for any translators who are familiar with the language they’re working with. I know there are sites that follow translators but we might as well all group together at a single website (derp).
At the moment, I have asked a few different translation groups if they wish to host their translations on this website and the ones who have answered have mostly accepted. My scheme is as follows.
1) Hopefully get a good manga reader format (plugin) for slime and our future projects
2) Cross-readership means more readers for everyone’s translation and the other translations hosted on the website. It’s rather hard to find (and remember!) the websites of casual translators especially if they have life going on. I know there are websites that keeps feeds on everyone’s blog, but feel like everyone’s all in their separate world so this is a place in which readers don’t have to open multiple tabs. And if a project gets dropped on the website, it would be easier for me to contact the translator if they don’t wish to publicize their contact information (I have all their contact info, HAHAAHA) and give someone else a faster verification of whether they should pick it up or not. They would in turn, leave an eternal footprint on this website unless their translations have been licensed by an English publisher.
3) Hopefully seduce some novel translators into translating manga/manhua/comics by helping them buy the raws of the series they’re interested in (Some have already expressed some interest in this!!)
4) Any translation group on a project with a consistent schedule of chapters per week can activate their own bonus chapter event if they feel up to the task.
5) Any donations made to a translation group on their pages will go to directly to them.
Number 4 and 5’s just there because that’s what my team’s doing and it may as well extend to all translators on this site.
If you’re a translator/translation group and you’re wondering why you weren’t asked to join here are some reasons why you weren’t asked:
– alyschu thinks you are awesome and is afraid of being rejected
– alyschu can see through your heart and know that you don’t want to join
– alyschu has only asked a few translation groups alyschu is currently reading from to test the waters for the first launch
– you already have a custom domain which means you’ve paid for your site, so thus you don’t need me
If you’re a translator/translation group (who translates anything into English) who wishes host their translations here, feel free to email me. Requests will only be considered if you are the translator/group. To ensure a medium amount of quality, 3 translators/editors/proofreaders/bunnies on this website have to approve/like your translation. ^.^
I’d prefer that translators completely move in with us but I don’t really mind or care if you continue to host it on your personal blog/site/anywhere as long as you stay here… forever!
I hope for some scanlation groups to join us in the future because I notice that very rarely do people visit small scanlation group websites and tell them how awesome they are so they end up disbanding due to apathy or real life. Ads will be present (someday) to fund for website costs and if there are any extra that trickle along, they will be for the purchasing of raws, novels, or possible ice cream parties. I may be dreaming too big here, but success usually has to start somewhere!
ps. Joining Moon Bunny Cafe is by no means throwing away your masculinity for there are werebunnies and cute bunnies. The site is still slowly getting prettier by the moment so keep your eyes wide open!